ALIS-edu is a cloud based learning platform for pathology medicine. The system is tailor-made to suit the training needs of university institutions, students, management and researchers.
Learning institutions continually grapple with challenges associated with shortage of teaching staff in the pathology medicine field as they are few and it is extremely expensive to pay full-time pathology lecturers.
ALIS-edu is designed to address these issues for both universities and students with specially designed features to meet each of their needs. While the platform enables institutions to save money by contracting pathologists on part time basis, learners are presented with the opportunity to have a one on one interaction with professional, experienced pathologists and pathology labs within the pathology network.
Benefits of ALIS-edu
- Ability to contract specialized pathologists on a part-time basis to teach specialized
- Access a huge database of digital slides and samples through The Pathology Network’s database.
- Digitizing slides allows for uniformity across pathology curriculum.
Accessibility and Mobility
- Users can access the digital course content via the internet on a standard web-browser on any gadget and can view slides anywhere, anytime. E-Learning enables students to study at any place and time, accommodating their needs perfectly.
- Researchers that use a microscope daily can use the ALIS-Edu pathology software to make digital slides and, create a database; process, analyze and aggregate data.
- Modern learners prefer bite-sized, interactive content. E-learning tools enable learning designers to make content interactive. The more engaging the content is, the better the learners remember information.
- Online learning provides consistent and standardized training every time and from any location. Each learner goes through the same experience regardless of when and where he or she takes the course.
- A single Instructor can reach a high number of students in just one classroom.
- Each learner has unique preferences and learning goals. E-learning makes it possible to cater to individual needs. It allows learners to choose their learning path and navigate at their own pace. When they decide what to learn and when, they remain invested in the course.
re-defining pathology & lab medicine